Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why Do I Feel So guilty? - Day 13

Psalm 38-4

My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.


Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.



1. How have you blamed yourself for the loss of your child?

When Hannah was first given the fatal diagnosis and we weren't sure what was going on I blamed myself. I was so sure I did something wrong like I took medicine to early in the pregnancy, I didn't drink enough water, and the list goes on. However, I've come to accept that nothing I did or didn't do caused this or could have prevented it. Hannah had an extreme form of Turner Syndrome and it is a completely random occurrence.

Though I do still feel guilty sometimes that I couldn't protect her. That I couldn't make her better. That the situation was completely out of my control. I'm her mother and I couldn't even save her.



2. Read aloud Isaiah 46:9-10, Matthew 10:29-30, and 2 Chronicles 20:6. God is sovereign. He has supreme authority and power. He controls everything. How does this truth change your perspective?

God is in control. He will use our tragedy to help others. My guilt is something that I will need to continue to work through. I will turn to God.



3. Write the above verses on three-by-five cards. When you sense you are replaying the guilt from your loss, stop... then look at the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment