Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Story of Us- Victoria


Hello, everyone. My name is Victoria and I am blessed to have recently become friends with Heather and Jason. Their story has touched my heart and soul and I connect with their story on a very personal level. Heather is one of the strongest women I have ever known, and by sharing her daughter Hannah's story, she is giving hope to so many who suffer. 
Heather has asked me to share my story as I am also a Mother of Loss. I am a Mother to 4 miracle babies, who we never got to see, who are all with God. I lost all of my precious babies, all so loved and desperately wanted, by their 13th week.
Today, I wanted my first post to be a little introduction so you can get to know my husband and I before you hear our whole story. Heather has been so gracious as to allow me to share my story with you on Tuesdays and Thursdays- so Thursday's post will detail our losses.
Me when my hair was longer.
Victoria
I’m Victoria. I am 29 years old and I am married to the love of my life, Jason (one of the many things Heather and I have in common is that we are both married to wonderful men named Jason!).
My soul mate
My soul mate
We have been together almost 6 years and in that time, we have moved almost 7 times, found our strength in each other, grown together, experienced highs and lows, and most importantly, we have learned how to love.
I was raised about 4 hours North of where we live now, in a very small town. I love my hometown and everyone in it. While I don't have an exceptionally large family, I grew up in a town where I knew everyone, and it felt as though I had a massive family. My husband is 30 years old and was born in raised in the area where we live. He also had a great childhood, in a suburb of Philadelphia, filled with a big extended family. 
Supporting our Phillies!
Supporting our Phillies!
I have never met someone so loving, giving, compassionate, stubborn, and amazing as my husband. I knew from the first time I met him that he was the man I would marry. We started dating on the 4th of July in 2008 and haven’t looked back since. He proposed to me on December 19th, 2010 at Longwood Gardens amidst the beautiful Christmas decor and a fresh coating of snow.
We also went back to Longwood for our engagement photos.
We also went back to Longwood for our engagement photos.
I had to include this one, because this is just so us. The photographer said smell the flowers, and this was the result.
I had to include this one, because this is just so us. The photographer said smell the flowers, and this was the result.

We were married (for the first time) on February 18th, 2011 in a private ceremony at a District Court in our county seat in front of our parents and siblings. While our Court House wedding was beautiful and the "legal" wedding, it was not what we consider to be our real wedding. Our real wedding was on May 19th, 2012 at Downingtown Country Club in front of our family and friends.
With Jason's Co-Workers
With Jason’s Co-Workers

Jason and I place a very significant value on family and knew we wanted to start one of our own rather quickly. Blissfully unaware of the journey we were embarking on, we started trying to conceive shortly after our 2011 wedding. 

I want to close this post by sharing with you why I am here. I have been through every emotion, even some I didn't know existed. I have blamed myself, my family, my body, the universe, and worst of all, God. My faith has been broken and restored. I have been in a black hole I thought I would never get out of and I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Through it all, the hardest part has been the lack of legitimacy given to my babies. My hope is that by sharing my story, I can help give other Mothers and Fathers of loss the legitimacy they need and deserve.

“No one can know how much I love you, because you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.” Author Unknown

Love,
Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment