Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Suffering

Suffering: to endure hardship or suffer loss

Children's Footprints
 
Some children come into our live and go quickly.
Some children come into our lives and stay awhile.
All our children come into our lives and leave footprints -
Some oh so small;
Some a little larger;
Some larger still,
But all have left their footprints on our lives; in our hearts,
And we will never, never be the same.
 
Doreen Sexton




I bear my willing witness that I owe more to the fire, and the hammer, and the file, than to anything else in my Lord's workshop. I sometimes question whether I have ever learned anything except through the rod. When my schoolroom is darkened, I see most.

Charles H. Spurgeon
 
 
 
We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.
 
Romans 5:3-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment