Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Journey Through the Darkness of Depression - Day 7

Psalm 22:19

But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me.


1. In what specific ways are you having difficulty coping with life?

Finding joy and true meaning to life. Some days are ok, but other days it feels like nothing matters anymore. I'm not the same person I was before. There are things I can't hear, say, or see because I lose it. Sometimes it just hits me with no specific trigger. I hate feeling sad all the time.


2. What steps can you take to seek help?

My husband and I have been seeing a christian counselor throughout this entire journey. We literally saw him the same day we were given Hannah's fatal diagnosis and were told to terminate. It is helpful. We aren't rushed through our grieving etc. I would recommend it to anyone going through the loss of a child.


3. Whom do you know who could brighten your path and help you journey through the dark night of your soul?

That's a really deep question. My husband has been my rock. He has shielded me from so much during this process.  He has seen me in my darkest hour and has just held me tight. He knows when I just need let my emotions out and doesn't try to stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment