Monday, March 31, 2014

Journey Through the Seasons of Friendship - Day 23

Psalm 1:3

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruits in season.


1. If you don't have any friends for this season of grief, ask God to connect you to someone.

Be willing to reach out first and befriend someone who has also experienced the loss of their baby(s). Don't be afraid to take that first step. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made.



2. Who are the friends who understand your personal experience and grief and are with you in the journey? Which friends:
  • Give you a new perspective?
  • Help you grow and mature?
  • Support you through change?
  • Encourage you to "shut down" and be still?
God has given me two women who I call my friends. I know that no matter where I am in my journey or in life I can talk to them. They truly understand me and can empathize with me. They have both have experienced the loss of their babies. One friend lost her first daughter and she was born still a few years ago. My other friend (Victoria) lost her four babies through miscarriage. Her most recent loss was in January.



3. To whom can you be a friend through her season of grieving? Ask God to show you someone you can invest in for a season.

God brought Victoria in my life to be a friend to. He also knew I needed her friendship as well. I pray God will show me other women who need a friend through this journey of loss.



4. God is a friend for all seasons. How do you most need Him to help you this week? To give you new perspective? To help you grow and mature? To support you through change? To encourage you to "shut down" and be still?

I need God to be my comforter and my strength. I need Him to use my experience to help other women that are alone or feel alone through their journey of baby loss. I need Him to continue to show me that it's ok to be still sometimes and just know that He is God. I know God will never leave me nor forsake me. He is a constant and a forever friend no matter what season I am in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment