Sunday, June 1, 2014

Healing My Grieving Heart - Practical Ideas

I purchased the book Healing Your Grieving Heart After Stillbirth - 100 Practical Ideas for Parents and Families by Alan D. Wolfelt and Raelynn Maloney a couple of months ago. I thought I wanted to start these healing activities right away, but I was wrong. I couldn't bring myself to do any of them.
I read through it here and there, but I didn't have the strength to actually do the activities. It's not because they are bad or useless. I love that this book gives practical ideas to do. I needed this. I need to do this. I just needed to wait until I was ready and could put my whole heart into these activities.


I'm not sure how I will do the activities. Maybe I'll go in order? Or maybe I'll just pick one that speaks to me that day? I would like to do one activity a week, but maybe more or maybe less. I think it's important not to put to many rules on myself for it.

I do know that I am ready to start. For some reason today is the day, June 1st, 2014.

You can always follow along with me and share your journey, use hashtag #HealingGriefProject on instagram. I pray for God's comfort to surround your broken heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment