Thursday, March 27, 2014

Receiving the Gift of Forgiveness - Day 20

John 3:16

For God so loved the world the He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.


Acts 10:43

Everyone who believes in Him [Jesus] receives forgiveness of sins through His name.



1. What was your favorite Christmas gift as a child? How did you feel when you opened it?

At the moment my mind is blank for a specific Christmas gift! But that's because I have received so many wonderful Christmas gifts as a child. My parents always went above and beyond for my brother and me. They always put a lot of thought, time, and money into the Christmas presents they gave us. I always remember waking up really early on Christmas mornings because I was so excited. It was pure  happiness and excitement as I opened my Christmas presents.



2. Do you most enjoy giving gifts or receiving them? Why?

I love receiving gifts, but I love picking out gifts for others even more. I enjoy finding something that I know they will like and remind me of them. I love watching them open the gift and seeing the joy and excitement on their face.



3. It is easier for you to give forgiveness or receive it? Why?

It's easier for me to give forgiveness. I feel guilty when I hurt someone. For wronging them in someway. My intentions are never to be cruel, insensitive, mean, hurtful, etc. to someone. I hate knowing that I caused someone else pain.



4. Think about God's gift of forgiveness wrapped up under the tree of eternal life. The tag has your name on it. To:______________ From: God. What draws you to open it? What makes you reluctant to accept it?

It's from God! Why wouldn't I want to open it?! Knowing he loves me and will give me His forgiveness is comforting and makes me feel loved. I'd be reluctant because there is no denying that I have wronged God.



5. Whom have you hurt with your words, thoughts, or actions and from whom do you need to ask for the gift of forgiveness? To:_______________ From:_______________ Tell them. Give them the gift of "I'm sorry, will you please forgive me?" and receive the gift from them.

Hannah and Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment