Friday, March 21, 2014

Jesus has a Rocking Chair - Day 15

Psalm 40:1-3A

I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth...



1. How do you feel when you picture Jesus in a rocking chair holding your child? Holding you?

Comforted. Peace. Not alone. Loved. Cared for. Safe.



2. What songs have soothed your soul in your grief journey?

"I will carry you" - Selah

"Gone to soon" - Daughtry

"Praise you in this storm" - Casting Crowns

"Hold my heart" - Tenth Avenue North

"Never Alone" - BarlowGirl

"A thousand years" - Christina Perri

*You can find a list of songs here.



3. God affirms music for your grieving soul. Consider the collection of songs and prayers in the book of Psalms. He inspired David and other writers to honestly pour out their hearts, questions, fears, and true feelings. Find truth and comfort there. Read aloud Psalm 16, 17, and 23, or read the Psalm that has encouraged you through your pain.



4. Review the list of music resources in the back of this book. Circle the ones you have. Listen to these songs today or throughout your journey. If you're ready for a new song, select one from the list and visit a Christina bookstore.

"After the Rain" and "Beyond" - Jeoffrey Aaron

"I will be with You" - Margaret Becker

"Reason for the Rain" - Beyond the Blue

"With Hope" - Steven Curtis Chapman

"Jesus' Rocking Chair" - The Greens

"My Faith Will Stay"  and "Keep on Shinin'" - Cheri Keaggy

"Mourning into Dancing" - Ron Kenoly

"Every Single Tear" - Scott Krippayne

"Beauty for Ashes" - Crystal Lewis

"Brokenness, Inside Out" - David Meece

"God Makes No Mistakes" - Kim Moore

"Hold On," "I Am Not Afraid Anymore," "I Will Listen," and  "A Visitor from Heaven" - Twila Paris

"Jesus Will Still Be There" - Point of Grace

"Feel the Healing" - Pam Thum

"Good-bye for Now" - Kathy Troccoli

"Hold Me Jesus" - Various Artists from Awesome God

No comments:

Post a Comment