Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hidden Unforgiveness - Day 16

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart: test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



1. Have you been sensitive or overreacting to people or situations? Is so, how? How is unforgiveness like decay if untreated?

I haven't overreacted to people or situations. However, I was more sensitive to a specific situation. Being sensitive to a situation doesn't necessarily mean there is unforgiveness. Losing Hannah has made me more sensitive to certain situations, whether they are positive, negative, or neutral situations.

Unforgiveness is such a heavy burden to carry. I don't like it. It can make a person bitter and unhappy in life. It can tear family and relationships apart. It affects everyone around, not just the person holding on to the unforgiveness. It eats away at you and when left alone it becomes so deep and so much harder to get rid of.



2. Is there anyone you need to forgive? Who?

No. If I was asked this a week ago the answer would have been yes. But I have forgiven them. Feelings may come up in the future, because I am only human, but I will turn to God and continue to forgive.



3. God will enable you to forgive when you place your confidence in His ability. Read Isaiah 41:10 and Philippians 4:13. Say, "God, thank You for exposing my unforgiveness toward                                                              . I forgive                                                                   for                                                                                                                           ."



No comments:

Post a Comment