Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Photo a Day Challenge

I had decided at the very end of January that I wanted to do my own photo a day challenge. I'm not sure what exactly made me want to do this. But I knew I wanted to do it for myself and enjoy it. It's given me a small little project everyday. My initial intentions were not to make it all about Hannah. However, most of them are and I'm ok with that and I happy about that. She is a part of me. She is in my daily life, my daily routines and my daily thoughts. From the beginning I knew I wanted my photo challenge pictures on social media. I don't want Hannah to be forgotten and sharing these images have been a release for me. A kind of therapy in and of itself. Instead of keeping everything inside and bottled up, I'm able to just let it out.
 
 
I never expected for people to actually look at the pictures. I didn't think many people would care to be completely honest and I thought that they would think I'm a little crazy. But I can't let my fear of what others may think stop me from grieving, from healing, from remembering my daughter. I was so happy to see that I was wrong! So many people have actually taken the time to look at the pictures and leave nice and encouraging comments. I was told by a few people that they look forward to seeing the pictures and that they have been an encouragement to them. Words can't express how that makes me feel. I'm so happy that I'm able to encourage someone in their time of need. In the end, it's all because of Hannah <3
 
 
I'm halfway through my challenge and I am truly enjoying every part of it. I would encourage you to do something like this. Make up your own. I did! I think I may do this multiple times throughout the year.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to encourage you to keep up this web site. My son died at three days old in September, so I have experience with the death of a child. I think the resources and other lists you've put together are great -- especially "Taking Care of You" -- and the recovery boxes are an excellent idea. All the best to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son <3

    Thank you so much for the encouragement! It means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete