Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dealing with Stress - 10 Practical Ways

by Heather Kimble

Stress is completely unavoidable after our baby dies. I wish it was. I hate it. But then again who doesn't hate stress? The emotional and physical reactions suck. We all react in different ways. I just want to break something to release the stress. Chunks of my eyebrows literally were falling out. My hair overall got much thinner and one section completely broke off. I have also felt physically sick and just extremely nauseous.  I am trying to learn to release this stress. I'm still learning different ways that work for me. It's not an easy fix as some would like to think. It doesn't make us bad people, it makes us human.
I just want to share some ways that have personally helped me release the stress even if only slightly.

  1. A hot cup of tea (or hot chocolate!) with my favorite movie or mindless reality shows
  2. Read a book (fashion/style/beauty books were my go to).
  3. Meeting a friend at local coffee shop or for lunch
  4. Browsing a bookstore with my favorite tea in hand
  5. Shopping at my local thrift stores
  6. Taking a hot bubble bath
  7. Baking sweets and using new recipes
  8. Take a timeout from technology
  9. Listen to your favorite music
  10. Get a manicure (whether you do it yourself or go to a salon)
  11. Find more ideas on pinterest, https://www.pinterest.com/hannahheartlove/take-care-of-you/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment