Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Update #2 - Hidden Unforgiveness/Forgiving Others - Day 36

I just wanted to take a moment and update all of you on my struggle to forgive. It's not easy and I struggled. To be honest I still struggle, but I have come to the point of forgiving one of the people I was so deeply hurt by. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. That doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed. That doesn't mean that what they did/didn't do was right or kind. It simply means I forgive them for the pain they caused me. I release the anger I have been harboring inside towards this person. I obey God by forgiving. If God can forgive me and all of my sins who am I to never forgive someone that has hurt me? The road to forgiveness isn't always easy. At some point the realization comes that it's not about me and them. It's about me and God. It's about me releasing the anger for my own health, physically and emotionally.

I pray that the Lord will help me to forgive others in my life that have hurt me deeply.




Forgiving; to pardon or acquit, to cease to feel resentment against



Forgiveness is the fragrance a violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
                                 
- Mark Twain
 
 
 
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

- Author Unknown
 
 
 
When somebody you've wronged forgives you, you're spared the dull and self-diminishing throb of a guilty conscience. When you forgive somebody who has wronged you, you're spared the dismal corrosion of bitterness and wounded pride.
 
- Frederick Buechner
 
 
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive and the Lord forgave you.
 
Colossians 3:13
 

 
 
Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.

 Luke 23:34
 
 

Search me, O God, and know my heart: test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

 
Psalm 139:23-24 
 

 
God will enable you to forgive when you place your confidence in His ability. Read Isaiah 41:10 and Philippians 4:13. Say, "God, thank You for exposing my unforgiveness toward                                                                         . I forgive                                                                                  for                                                                                                                           ." 
 


Write these words in red letters over your list of names. Tear up the paper and throw it away.




No comments:

Post a Comment