Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Seeking Others Before You, Beside You, Behind You - Day 30

2 Timothy 2:1-3

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.




1. How can someone before you in grief guide you in your journey? Do you have someone before you? Share at least one way they've helped you.

She lost her baby girl a few years ago. Her daughter was born still. Before Hannah passed away, she simply said how sorry she was and offered to be there for us. Instead of sharing those "miracle" stories, she just cried for us. She told me there's no getting over it and that's ok. That there will always be pain and that's ok. She has encouraged me in the choices I made to mourn and remember Hannah. She understands.



2. Who are the people beside you? How do they support you?

As you all know from this blog that Victoria has lost her four babies through miscarriage (read her story here). She is always there if something triggers me. We can talk to each other about our babies. We understand each other when something upsets us. We don't need to explain or justify ourselves to one another about the way we feel. We don't need to walk this journey of loss alone.



3. Turn around, look back. Who has suffered loss and needs you to reach out to them? How will you help them?

I have seen many women suffer the loss of their babies after me. My heart breaks for each and every one of them. I started this blog/website so that I may help those going through this heartbreaking loss. I want them to know that they are not alone. I want to help and support them in any and every way I can. Hannah's Heart and Love is in the process of becoming a nonprofit so that we can help and support even more on this journey of loss. Whether it's through miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth, or early infant death a baby died and a little heart stopped beating. All of our babies deserve to be recognized. We have the right to feel pain and mourn them in our own way. We will always walk around with a limp until the day we die. It's important to know that we are not alone. I personally pray for each and every person who has lost their baby, who's baby has been given a fatal diagnosis, and those who will lose their baby and have no idea it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment