Monday, March 17, 2014

Drowning in the Sea of Why - Day 11

Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.


1. What questions remain unanswered about your loss?

Why did this happen to us?

Why do people who don't want a baby get pregnant, have a healthy baby, and the just give him/her away?

**I don't wish death on any baby. I think adoption is a wonderful and brave option. This is just my journey and a specific situation that affects my journey.



2. Are there resources, people, or professionals who may have answers? What steps could you take to seek solutions.

No. Only God can give the answers, but I am learning to stop focusing on the "whys" and focus on the "who," God.



3. Like Job, we may never have our questions answered. How does that make you feel? It's interesting to note in the book of Job that, in response to sixteen "whys," there are fifty-nine "whos," which refer to God.

Before it made me feel angry, but I realize God is there and He always will be. Even if I knew the "whys" it won't change what happened.


The next time your ask "why" about your loss, consider changing the "y" in that word to "o."

No comments:

Post a Comment